Adil Hussain – 10 Must Know Facts about the actor
Adil Hussain – a well-known name to all of us. He is a regionally, nationally and internationally acclaimed actor. He acted in many plays, appeared in television serials, radios, films, and stand-up comedies. Hails from the lower Assam and his journey to the world of glamour is obviously colorful. Here are 10 facts about the actor.
1. Adil Hussain was born on 5 October 1963 at Goalpara district, Assam. He was the youngest child of seven children.
2. Hussain started to act in college plays while he was studying Philosophy at B. Borooah College.
3. He worked as a standup comedian with the comedian group Bhaya Mama and mimicked the popular Bollywood actors.
4. Adil worked six years as a standup comedian before moving to Delhi for studying at National School of Drama (NSD) in 1990.
5. After completing his studies at NSD, Hussain moved to London for further studies. He took admission at the Drama Studio London on a Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarship.
6. His first international acclaim was Othello: A Play in Black and White in the year 1999. It was also awarded a Fringe First.
7. He has worked in international films like The Reluctant Fundamentalist and Life of Pi and national films like Ishqiya, Agent Vinod, English Vinglish, Lootera, etc.
8. In the National School of Drama, Hussain is a visiting faculty at his Alma Mater.
9. He appeared on the detective television series produced by BBC World Service Trust – Jasoos Vijay. He acted in the lead role as Jasoos Vijay.
10. Adil has acted more than in 25 films so far and the number is still counting.