Moments of Power – The Great Historical Photographs – Vol. I
Pictures represent emotions and speaks without words. Here is a collection of 20 pictures from the past, that speaks for itself and its time.
1. 17 year old Jan Rose Kasmir offers a flower to soldiers during the Pentagon anti-war protest in 1967.
2. Sergeant Frank Praytor feeds a two-week old kitten during the height of the Korean War.
3. A boy rescues his dog during heavy flood in Philippines.
4. A North Korean waves at his emotional South Korean brother after inter-Korean temporary family reunions.
5. With stars in her eyes on the cover of Life magazine in 1985, Anna Fisher, was the first mother in space.
6. A Buddhist Monk shares his food with a tiger at the Tiger Temple in Thailand.
7. A Rwandan boy after he was rescued from the death camp.
8. Make way for the Double Decker. In London, 1960s.
9. Violinist, Nancy Dinovo, cries while playing during a service for the September 9/11 victims.
10. A child of the Erbore tribe, Ethiopia.
11. The child of a KKK member checks his reflection in an African American police officer’s riot shield during a demonstration. (1992).
12. A happy kid runs back home with a loaf of bread during The Great Depression.
13. 1, 00,000 monks pray together for peace.
14. 3 weeks old infant with albinism snuggles up to his cousin for a snooze.
15. An Irish teenager yells at British soldiers during unrest in Northern Ireland.
16. Dr. Religa monitors his patient’s vitals after a 23 hour long heart transplant surgery. His assistant is sleeping in the corner. (1987).
17. The patient not only survived the surgery, but outlived his doctor.
18. A Protester plays piano over the sounds of chaos, with riot police in the backdrop.
19. Papua New Guinea woman during a Singsing celebration.
20. The tattoo of wounded soldier Kyle Hockenberry comes true.
If you too have more of such powerful captures of times, do share with us and we will publish them on your behalf.